1. Basic approach
Tokyo Institute of Technology (hereinafter referred to as “Tokyo Tech”) collects personal information on users of its websites (URLs starting with https://www.titech.ac.jp/ and https://educ.titech.ac.jp/, hereinafter collectively referred to as “this site”) to the extent necessary for the efficient operation of the services provided on this site. The collected information is handled appropriately by the Public Relations Section within the scope of the purposes of use in accordance with the rules and regulations regarding protection of personal information.
2. Scope of collection of personal information
- The Public Relations Section collects personal information such as names, addresses, and phone numbers when voluntarily provided, and email addresses when senders email comments or inquiries to Tokyo Tech.
3. Purposes of use of personal information
- Information collected based on 2.(1) above is referred to Tokyo Tech management. Personal information may also be shared with appropriate departments within Tokyo Tech to ensure that inquiries are handled smoothly.
- Information collected based on 2.(2) above is used for website administration and website usage analysis. Website usage analysis may be contracted to a third party under a written confidentiality agreement with Tokyo Tech.
4. Restriction on use and provision
The use and provision of personal information are regulated in accordance with the purpose described in 3. above. However, information may be provided to third parties in the following cases: when required by law, when unauthorized access, coercion, or other illegal activity has occurred, when prior consent from the principal party has been obtained, or under any other circumstances deemed extraordinary.
5. Secure management of personal information
Tokyo Tech takes necessary measures to prevent any illegal access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of collected personal information.
6. Providing information to interested parties
Tokyo Tech, in principle, does not respond to personal information requests from any interested parties.
7. Scope of application
This policy applies only to this site. Other sites including those of research institutes within Tokyo Tech may operate under different site policies.
Tokyo Tech reserves the right to revise this policy when appropriate.
8. Points to Note
Use of Google Analytics
The Institute uses Google Analytics to track user interests and web traffic and, with this information, makes improvements to this site and Institute operations. First party cookies are used to collect data for this purpose.
For details on the handling of personal data by Google Analytics, consult Google’s support page